Sunday, January 1, 2012

Some Salem Scenes

Spruce Goose.  We had a great time at the air museum-what a beautiful building!  We declined to pay extra to sit in the cockpit because I was so excited about getting in for FREE, I didn't want to ruin it!
I thought this turned out cute, even if it is cliche-I"m just noticing grandpa in the background.....

The SR-71 blackbird-Blake and Logan think it's pretty much their favorite airplane ever.

Gingerbread and Grandma's house-a holiday tradition!  The kids had so much fun!!!!

Okay, I did too-it's been years since I had "my own" house to decorate...I have to say, it was beautiful.

Finally, the Kroc Center!  We've tried to go before and been foiled, but this time we enjoyed it's chlorine waters, until some kid vomited in the kiddy pool....

So, we climbed on the rock wall instead

OMSI was also---FREE!  Thank you museum membership!  In this picture a current is passing through the Hoth/Thurman family while we laugh at the strange feeling.

 Also finally-everyone (for some reason I didn't go) visited the submarine at OMSI-I think the kids enjoyed themselves, and Grandpa too.  We've gone to OMSI before and it was booked up.
 This is a fun one..I woke up to damp sheets one morning and a dripping sound above my head...never good.  Grandpa's roof has finally caught up with him and it was leaking.  Luckily we were there so that Grandpa didn't have to climb on the very slippery roof.  With rope safely tied to front yard tree to hand on to, Blake nailed plastic over the back side of the roof and we slept dryly that night.

 Ahhhh...the obligatory Carousel visit.  This was our only time with Kevin, and he had a great time.  Kevin acted like he'd never before seen me in his whole life, but of course, he LOVED Blake and kept pointing at him and making everyone else point at him too.  My theory is that they were best buds in former life.
I thought this was a cute photo of everyone.
We had a great time at Mom and Dad's house-the days went by quickly, which they tend to do when you stay up late and sleep in!

5 comments:

Chris and Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris and Kim said...

Sorry I had to repost - apparently I no longer know how to spell. It looks like you had a wonderful time with the parents. My boys would of loved the planes!!

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing the fun details. I hope dad can get some help getting the house re-roofed. So happy for your free entrances to the museums. Your gingy house was spectacular, as we have come to expect from you.

Danielle said...

I love that Kevin loves Blake so much-so cute. Once again, it lookes like a marvelous time and makes me want to go home so bad!

The Pixton Family said...

Looks like fun and love your gingerbread house!