Sunday, December 25, 2011

A very merry Thurman Christmas

Cookies for Santa.  I was so tired and I'd been in the kitchen for awhile already, but I just couldn't skip Santa cookies-glad I didn't, the kids had a great time decorating them.

We enjoyed a tour of our neighborhood Christmas lights Christmas Eve

One of the two pictures of me taken for posterity's sake

Ed was hilarious as "Baby Jesus".  He was way too big for the manger, but played his role nicely.  Cam had wiseman, shepard and innkeeper costumes on simultaneously.  All the kids got into dressing up for the nativity reading.  More so then when they were younger, I think!  Do you think baby Jesus would have liked footsie pajamas?

We read President Monson's "A Christmas Dress for Ellen"

11:30 p.m.  All is calm, all is bright, all is under the tree

Inky had a wonderful time with all the wrapping and ribbon.  She was intrigued by all the new smells and arrangements. Cam quickly shooed her off his gift.

Eddy with his gift from Santa, and a dragon he got in his stocking.

Johanna rockin' out with one of our new rockband instruments.  She had fun playing rock star all afternoon, until the drums and one guitar stopped working (that's what you get with used electronics!)  I'm hopeful in at least one case, new batteries are the fix.

The aftermath....

Breakfast-huckleberry french toast....mmmmm

Picture of Andrea no. 2  Post church.  Notice my corsage.  Our ward music chair got them for everyone participating in the program today-I accompanied a vocalist on "o holy night".  Also, this adorable velet jacket (Katy's castoff) looks much better in person-this picture just does not to it, or me, justice!
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Your manger scene is too cute! It's time to cast a cabbage patch kid as baby Jesus. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a state of disaster Christmas afternoon! The french toast look scrumptious!!!!

Katy said...

You put my French toast to shame...show off. What a fun day! Oh yeah, Eddy as baby Jesus, hilarious.

Jen said...

I love your family, thanks for sharing your photos

Chris and Kim said...

I so want the huckleberry french toast - I can't imagine how good it must taste. Your home looked beautiful for the holidays!