Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas-lots of work for Mom, lots of fun for kids

Camden, Logan, Blake and I worked hard for an hour making 34 reindeer bags for Cam's class party.  I almost tried to do them all by myself....1 hour times 4 people = 4 hours!!!  glad I didn't

My first batch of holiday treats for our new ward friends.  Pizelles, JoAnn's chocolates, white chocolate dipped gingerbread stars, fleur de sel caramels....oh my!

Earlier this week all of my kids, plus a number of kids from our ward sang and played instruments at the local VA facility.  I think they all had fun.  They all got jingle bells, which Ed loved 
We have a Super 8 hotel close to our neighborhood.  They have a water slide with open swim hours.  We tried it out on Wednesday.  The kids had so much fun in the water, and I happened to meet two friends there, so I got to chat while the kids swam.

The pool pictures all turned out steamy.  Cam thought this was quite funny in the hot tub.

Ed loves to give the thumbs up sign.  He had a fun time in the pool too, and managed to keep his hair dry until the last 30 minutes.

Johanna and friend Sophie have been hanging out all week.  Good thing we like Sophie!

Cam performing "Go tell it on the Mountain"  flawlessly

3 comments:

Katy said...

Looks like you're making the most of your Christmas break...and isn't it funny how we used to take Christmas for granted, it's dang hard work.

Jen said...

Merry Christmas. It looks like you need an extra wife this time of year.

Danielle said...

Nice work Andrea, a few Christmas elfs would have been handy!