Friday, September 5, 2008

Gladys


Many of you have heard me talk of my neighbor, Gladys. I always have lots of funny stories to tell about her-like how she calls me to go "work out" and shows up in flip flops. She is from Peru, and though she's been in the states for a long time now, I still have a hard time understanding her sometimes. She's very generous though. We get lots of powerbars from her (her husband works there) and the day before Ed was born, she brought us an unexpected dinner. She brought food over to another neighbor and friend of ours after the neighbor's husband died, even though Gladys didn't know her. She likes Camden for some reason and invites him over to cook with her occasionally. Here's a picture of Gladys and Camden, husking corn the other day.

1 comment:

Karl said...

I don't know why, but I like Camden, too. You have really fun kids, Ande, who wouldn't like them? Happy birthday to Johanna! --Jen